Constant Contact Email Editor | UX Research, UX Design
Competitive analysis, meta-analysis, moderated and unmoderated user testing, interaction design
Ongoing research and design work to replace the company's legacy email editor with a state-of-the-art product.
As a long-time provider of e-mail marketing tools, the company faced an ongoing struggle to remain competitive in the market while still ensuring success for existing users. The legacy email editor needed a complete overhaul to continue to attract new customers, while current customers needed to be shielded from disruptions that could keep them from meeting their business needs.
Project activities included:
- Competitive analysis of other email marketing products
- Meta-analysis of previous research on the email editor
- Baseline usability testing against which to measure future improvements
- Multiple iterations of design enhancements and user testing
In addition, a separate study was conducted to gain insight into how existing users can be successfully transitioned to a substantially modified product.
The design continues to evolve to provide users with a state-of-the-art editing experience. Design enhancements and improvements reflect best practices and emerging interaction patterns, are informed by past and ongoing usability results, and include access to support for users who need it.
- Worked in collaboration with design team members and other researchers to conduct studies and iterate on the design of the editor.
- Planned, conducted, and reported out on research.
- Provided design recommendations to product owners and design team members.
- Promoted institutional memory of research results and advocate for design decisions that reflect ongoing findings.
- Provided recommendations for additional research.