Constant Contact Mobile App | UX Research, UX Design
Discovery research, brainstorming methods, focus groups, wants and needs analysis, user testing, mobile design
Ongoing work on the company's mobile app to give customers greater flexibility in when and where they can accomplish their goals.
While the company had put substantial effort into making it easier for Constant Contact customers to create mobile-friendly emails, improving mobile functionality for the customers themselves had lagged behind. The company needed to learn more about how customers might want to use a mobile application for e-marketing purposes, and how best to provide the desired functionality.
A three-phase process was implemented:
- Brainstorming (using the brainwriting method) with customers and e-marketing consultants to learn more about customer needs and generate ideas for the mobile app.
- A series of focus groups with customers to generate more ideas and determine priorities.
- Multiple iterations of design enhancements and usability testing.
The discovery research helped determine priorities for additions and improvements to the mobile app. Enhancements included adding functionality to enable users to easily add and edit contacts and easily create and send simple emails from a mobile device.
- Worked in collaboration with staff to conduct research and iterate on the design of the app.
- Planned, conducted, and reported out on research.
- Provided design recommendations to product owners and design team members.
- Provided recommendations for additional research.